In the beginning...

 There was YouTube.   Then there was a certain YouTube creator that I followed and often watched.  I saw one of his videos on Theopolious. It was funny, but also off-putting, and a bit unnerving.

Looking more into Theopolious and his claims, he seemed to be a fairly decent person with his heart in the right place, but lacking in some other skills.  Nothing not fixable, and as I am a Christian and  I had some background and experience and support system - Christian family members who were and are teachers of various subjects and ages and who would give me advice if I asked - I sent him several hints and online places for learning through the comments. I'm a firm believer in life long learning. 

I also sent comments - with scripture, citations, and other backup - when he was in error.  I still do. 

That was probably around two years ago. Unfortunately, Theopolious obviously struggles with mental health problems.  He refuses to get help.  I'm not a medical or mental professional by any means, but in my opinion, he is at least a narcissist.  He can not handle any criticism or correction.  He is definitely against women, homosexuals, and people who are transgenders. 

He has implied that I should kill myself, a comment which was reported to YouTube and then removed. He has flat out said I should stop criticizing him or people that I love and my family members will die; I have copies of that.  He has told others that they should ask God to kill them. He has called me a witch, Satan, and the daughter of Satan. A witch for him is anyone who doesn't believe exactly as he does. 

Theopolious is also a liar who makes things up and spews information. He encourages ideas and ideals that hurt people and have led to torture and murder. He  celebrates that pain in people who are hurting, whether physically or mentally or emotionally. He twists scripture, and believes he is God's gateway to Christianity.  He thinks that he decides who is Christian and who is not. 

Other people have commented and agree that he needs help, for other mental problems than I have mentioned. I have emailed some churches with similar sounding names to "his church," and have been told from their pastors, as well as ones I have talked with at my church and elsewhere, how many of his views are dangerous and to stay away, as well as not being Biblically based. Theopolious' church's website has no proof of any of the things he attempts to raise money for in his video descriptions. Theopolious is a self-proclaimed leader, under various names, and has no accountability or transparency. 

Unfortunately, he has decided that my criticisms and corrections do not fit in his bubble of a world, so he is hiding them so his followers can only see how wonderful he is. He also has started a podcast, with equally troubling views, misinformation, and flat out lies. 

More and more his videos are complete or mainly nonsense, including things he has made up, and/or the views of conspiracy theorists and others of that type that he loves to listen to. 

This is my blog dealing with his preaching and teaching. This is not a place where he can hide and/or delete posts and comments, unless he or his followers hack into it.  Much of it may be comments I have made elsewhere, such as on YouTube videos. 

Theopolious claims to have an inheritance, and so can spend all of his time making videos and podcasts. I don't have that luxury. 

I hope, that in some small way, I will make  people think about how true and honest Theopolious is or isn't. Claiming you are higher than others means you need to be held to a higher standard than others. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Heaven is the Promised Land...." Theopolious Fernandez needs to listen to his own podcast.